Please Tell Me I'm a Silver Polish

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by helmstead, Feb 3, 2009.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    For anyone who's read my other thread...I was SO looking forward to my 2 Silver Polish pullets from MM...and they were both DOA. I'm hoping beyond hope that this one is a Polish, altho it's little crest isn't very big like the other two were...

<<Sorry about the fuzzy pics, my camera HATES low light>>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    [​IMG] looks silver laced polish to me

3. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Ooooh that makes my day [​IMG]

4. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Clearer pic:

[​IMG]

5. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Looks to be what your wanting! Very cute chick..Sorry about your DOA'S When I ordered my buff silkie chicks from ideal 2 of mine were DOA's Too.

6. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    Yep! Definently! We got our chicks from McMurray on Monday, and lost 4 or our Silver Polish. One little guy made it and she looks just like yours!

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I'd be very upset if I ordered any Polish and they didn't make it. McMurray has been having some problems lately. [​IMG]

8. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    THIS WASN'T AN ISSUE WITH MM! Just wanted to be clear. They were lost in the mail...I had three GA post offices looking for them Monday morning and they couldn't find the shipment anywhere.

Good Ole USPS killed my chickies...and MM is kind enough to replace them. We've never had any issue with our MM chick orders til now.

[​IMG] I am VERY happy this chick is a Polish! It's doing great, too.

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Good to know they aren't to blame! Man, I feel like they are in trouble far too otfen, and I was eyeing the catolouge this morning... [​IMG]

You're going to love that chick. Such character they have! Post pics when the little bird is grown! Love a good afro-chicken! [​IMG]

10. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    We haven't had any issues with MM before this order. Was very sad to say the least.

Hopefully their replacement order to us next week fares much better!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by