Please...tell me it`s an insane idea....

Mrs. Feathers

Songster
13 Years
Apr 2, 2010
All our roos are now nicely settled into their bunks at freezer camp. The multi-age girls are bonded and producing lovely eggs. All is peaceful and serene in the coop....
...and I want to mess it all up by pulling out that incubator and setting a hatch.
th.gif

Maybe that`s the answer...aliens have taken over my hens!!!
I have one little EE that lays every day....even in winter now.
They are super friendly and have a very gentle pecking order. I feel very fortunate.
Don`t know why I want to go and mess things up with more stinky scrappy babies...but that incubator is calling to me.

Mahroni (I think that is how it is spelled) has a thread were a bunch of BYCers are planning to setup incubation for hatches on January 1st 2011 if you want to get in on it.
oops I did the enabler thingy.

Quote:
Yessssss!!!!!!You did! Hmmmm......That means I have just over two weeks to come to my senses...or to get my eggs:jumpy

I prefer broodies -- same principle, though, you have to let them keep the eggs or take them away.

I have a calm, peaceful, stable flock, and am getting a few eggs a day, probably averaging 3, lots more in the summer.

I have 8 due Sunday.

Quote:
Heh...The first time I tried spelling out his name, it came out Mahorni.
hmm.png

As for Mrs. Feathers, I suggest that if you do choose to hatch again, consider obtaining high quality pure breed hatching eggs. This way you can set up a small breeding pen and hatch more high quality chicks, improving your flock, and selling birds for some extra cash.

Back
Top Bottom