Please...tell me it`s an insane idea....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs. Feathers, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    All our roos are now nicely settled into their bunks at freezer camp. The multi-age girls are bonded and producing lovely eggs. All is peaceful and serene in the coop....
    ...and I want to mess it all up by pulling out that incubator and setting a hatch.[​IMG]

2. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Your hens all get along... and are all regularly laying? What is this, science fiction? [​IMG]

Jenny

3. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    What ever makes you happy and, it's not always serenity! [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Maybe that`s the answer...aliens have taken over my hens!!!
    I have one little EE that lays every day....even in winter now.
    They are super friendly and have a very gentle pecking order. I feel very fortunate.
    Don`t know why I want to go and mess things up with more stinky scrappy babies...but that incubator is calling to me.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I know that siren song all too well.

It sounds something like: gentle whirrrrrrr. Peep? Tap. Tap. Tap. Peep. Taptap. Taptaptaptap.
    Peep

Peep!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Mahroni (I think that is how it is spelled) has a thread were a bunch of BYCers are planning to setup incubation for hatches on January 1st 2011 if you want to get in on it.
    oops I did the enabler thingy.

7. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Quote:Yessssss!!!!!!You did! Hmmmm......That means I have just over two weeks to come to my senses...or to get my eggs:jumpy

8. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]
    go chicky go go [​IMG]

I love fuzzy butts. I have 9 silkie eggs in the bator that hopefully will hatch around December 9th (day 21).

9. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I prefer broodies -- same principle, though, you have to let them keep the eggs or take them away.

I have a calm, peaceful, stable flock, and am getting a few eggs a day, probably averaging 3, lots more in the summer.

I have 8 due Sunday.

10. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Quote:Heh...The first time I tried spelling out his name, it came out Mahorni. [​IMG]

As for Mrs. Feathers, I suggest that if you do choose to hatch again, consider obtaining high quality pure breed hatching eggs. This way you can set up a small breeding pen and hatch more high quality chicks, improving your flock, and selling birds for some extra cash.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by