Please tell me my Ameracauna is not a rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bobbi16, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bobbi16

bobbi16 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Salt Lake City
    Hello,
    I have six backyard chickens and I am not allowed to have roosters in my area. This is my favorite chicken so I am hoping it's not a rooster. She is a lemon blue 10 1/2 week old Ameracauna. Let me know what you guys think, IS THIS A ROOSTER OR HEN???? Sometimes she sounds like she may be crowing, but it is not very loud.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    It's a rooster. [​IMG] And I'm not too sure but I think that ameraucanas don't have green legs, making yours an Easter Egger. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    It's absolutely a roo.

4. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    Zaxby's2 :

It's a rooster. [​IMG] And I'm not too sure but I think that ameraucanas don't have green legs, making yours an Easter Egger. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

X2​

5. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    Quote:X2

X3
    EE Roo fo sho! Pretty guy though. I'm guessing you can't keep roos?

Oh yeah and [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  6. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

hey! from California [​IMG]. Oh yeah and [​IMG]. Ur gonna hav so much fun [​IMG]. You should go on the intro page of the forum for new members [​IMG]. So about your hen, It looks like a rooster to me [​IMG], Im sorry but I think It is. there is a chance though that it could actually be a hen, some times when a young pullet is growing to be a hen, her hormones get mixed up I guess and she acts roosterlike, this sometimes usualy happens during their growth spurt( chiken puberty kinda) Ive herd people that had hens that crowed and strutted and all kinds of stuff, it's only temporary if this stuff happens, it really rare but there could be a chance!. I hope its a hen [​IMG]

7. Ann Lotten

Ann Lotten Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Grass Valley, CA
    I hope it's a hen, but I have to say it does look a lot like a rooster. Do you have a better pic of the tail feather area? The one showing blends into the chicken behind this one, making it hard to see. That would give a person a better idea. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya! [​IMG]

8. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:X2

X3
    EE Roo fo sho! Pretty guy though. I'm guessing you can't keep roos?

Oh yeah and [​IMG]

X's 4 EE roo. Of course, he's your favorite! [​IMG]

9. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I don't know if it's a hen or a rooster - but it is definitely a beautiful bird!

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    boy,and.... drumroll please.....

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by