Please tell me she's a Brown Leghorn UPDATED new pics POST 1

CityClucks

The Center of a 50 Mile Radius
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
She is 4 or 5 days old here - got her from the feed store, they got her from Ideal. I want her to be a brown leghorn. Look how feathered out her wings are! Whaddaya think?

22131_3-3-09_peeps_001.jpg

22131_3-3-09_peeps_002.jpg

UPDATED: Okay - now I think she might possibly be a Welsummer - what do you think? Here are photos at about 2 weeks old.
22131_henhouse_3-15-09_012.jpg

22131_henhouse_3-15-09_009.jpg

NYReds you were right about the yellow legs...thanks!

Last edited:
I don't believe that she is a Brown Leghorn. To tell the truth, you most likely have a Speckled Sussex. At least, that's what mine look like (more feathered out though @ 2 weeks)

They are great layers, and beautiful birds.

I looks like the brown leghorn chick posted on feathersite. I believe there are a few different breeds that have the same look at that age though. I imagine you will know for sure when the chick gets adult feathering.

14123_sprouts_002_200x202.jpg
Here is ours that we were told brown leghorns about a week ago they about a week old in the Picture!!

GPN

Thanks everyone - I'll wait and see how she turns out - I will be super happy if she really is a speckled sussex, too!

I guess you missed the point I was making. Speckled Sussex have white legs not yellow legs.

Oh...thanks nyreds. Her legs look kind of pink to me - not as yellow as the barred rock legs, but not white white. I'll get her out in the daytime and see what color her legs are.

Back
Top Bottom