Please tell me she's a girl..... It's not. Bringing back an old post.

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I bought a bunch of older chicks from the feed store. They were a little cheaper since they were older and were already starting to feather up so I can't give you exactly how old they are. But I have had them for a about 2-3 months. This little thing was the ugliest chick I have ever seen but is turning into a beautiful bird. I can tell what everyone is and what gender they are except this and one other. They were sold to me as bantams but she is definitely a standard. Can anyone tell me what she is and if she really is a she??
16250_100_2196.jpg

16250_100_2214.jpg

16250_100_2212.jpg

Here is her baby picture. Don't know if that will help. We call her Emu. I am sure you can see why.
16250_100_2062.jpg

Last edited:
I could be wrong... and I will be back once I research..... Sumatra? Yup, Sumatra pullet is my guess.

Last edited:
As a chick she has the markings of a black australorp...white belly & neck, but her comb is all wrong. She actually looks like some of my BAx mutts.

I'm voting a she

I agree, that's a Sumatra. As for the sex, I have no idea. I have these in bantam and can't really ever tell until they are about 5-6 months old!

Back
Top Bottom