PLEASE tell me some bad things about Polish!

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
Thanks to my dearest BBCS, Miss_Jayne, and that horribly beautiful chicken calendar of hers!, I'm now wanting a crested buff laced polish.
love.gif
Can someone please tell me some bad things about them, so MAYBE I can talk myself out of ordering them!
caf.gif

they lay WHITE eggs.. oh gosh YUCK white eggs:rolleyes:.... hahahahah

they can be very flighty, very actice, fly over fences,,
D.gif

but they are so cute all of that is usually worth it:love

Quote:
Thanks for the effort, Shellie.
thumbsup.gif

I've got silkies, so I'm already familiar with NON free rangers.
lau.gif

As a matter of fact, I figured if I got a couple of hens, I would just put them in with the silkies.
big_smile.png

Mean, some like to peck out the crests of other birds, their crests can get NASTY when they go to take a drink and then they'll dribble it all over the front of their chest.

The crest feathers can get easily matted because they can't preen those feathers. They are flighty...but in a funny sort of way because with a large crest...they fly into anything! lol

UM? hm?....you cannot see their eyes? and there really cool to look at.everyone will be saying...ah what's that>???.....you dont want a "cool" bird to look at...

We have a golden polish - she is as sweet as can be, but as dumb as a rock. She can't find her way back to the coop in the evening. We finally gave her a haircut, which seemed to help. I guess you could always call them a "high maintenance" chicken!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom