PLEASE Tell me these are americauna!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by alliecat2886, Mar 15, 2013.

1. alliecat2886

alliecat2886 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well went to the other feed store in town today and they had their assorted chicks. I've been looking at pics online for weeks so I could MAYBE identify the chicks when I saw them. I was fairly certain these looked like americaunas, but I'm a newbie. The store gets them in a huge assortment and no idea what breeds may be in there. Whatever they get they get. So I searched the web looking at pics and picking the chicks I thought were right. Please tell me I got it right!! I also tried to pick what could be a buff orpington...I know that's more difficult to tell. So here are my new chicks. The two that could be buff are the yellow or reddish one. So...please tey to tell me what I might have gotten!! 1 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 2 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 1 & 2 side by side (I think 2 is the americauna, got 2 of them) [​IMG] 3 [​IMG] [​IMG] 4 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 3 & 4 together with 1 [​IMG]

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Usually, you can't get an Ameraucana unless you buy them from a breeder, not the farm store.

Those don't look like purebreds, although they may be Easter Eggers. Hard to tell, but they look like they have pea combs and they do have Easter Egger chipmunk stripes. Hope so!

The others looks awfully dark to be BO's. Maybe they're red stars?

3. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Congrats on the new chicks. Americana's are commonly refered to as Easter Eggers or cross breeds that lay green eggs. Normally when the wing feathers are showing as much as #1 the tail feathers are showing more so, I'm wondering if you got Auracana x Americana chicks. That would explain no pronounced tail feathers yet as Auracana are rumpless. I think 1 and 2 are Easter Eggers. The Reddish chick could be many ie Production Red, Comet, Star, etc... The 4th could be a Buff but, I'm not sure. Whatever they are - They are Cute!

4. alliecat2886

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I tried to pick the lightest red and darkest yellow so I didn't get a red or a white breed. Lol. Here's hoping on the others!! They don't have the cheeks or green eggs tho... :-(

5. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Are you saying the Easter Eggers don't? Because, chances are they will [​IMG]

6. alliecat2886

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Lol I meamt green legs!! *** my three chipmonk chicks don't have green LEGS or puffy cheeks. Lol. Is there still a chance they are ee??

7. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    The chipmunk chicks could be beardless EEs.

8. Chickengirl47

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    The darker red chick could be a RIR.

9. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I think you need to go back to buy more chicks, because those don't look like Ameracauna or EE to me. Great excuse to go for more. ;) lol

10. Chickengirl47

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    Oh, yea, they don't have green legs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by