Please tell me this isn't a cockerel

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
One of my dominique's comb and wattles are developing a little faster than the other dominique. This one also is feathering a bit slower as well. They are all almost 4 weeks old. This doesn't look like a cockerel does it? She has dark legs which are supposedly an indicator of a female but I'm still not sure. Is she old enough to tell whether you can tell if the feathering looks female or male or not? I'd hate to have to rehome any of my chicks
20210801_174352.jpg
20210802_230249.jpg

It's a bit early to tell, I'm a buff Orpington expert, not really a Dominique expert, but my Easter egger Cockerel, had dark legs. By the pictures, sadly you may have a cockerel.... Still I'm not 100 percent sure, just more than likely. It's still just to young to accurately tell!

Sorry to say but it’s too young!☹️ It’s the worst waiting to see the genders of chicks when it can go either way! It could just be a fast developing girl because her comb doesn’t look much bigger than the other one but I would say wait about 4 more weeks and post again!😉 I hope it is a pullet!😁

It's a bit early to tell, I'm a buff Orpington expert, not really a Dominique expert, but my Easter egger Cockerel, had dark legs. By the pictures, sadly you may have a cockerel.... Still I'm not 100 percent sure, just more than likely.
Yeah. I really don't know what to expect. I ordered 3 female chicks from cackle hatchery but one of the dominiques was an extra so idk if they sexed the extra chick or not

Yeah. I really don't know what to expect. I ordered 3 female chicks from cackle hatchery but one of the dominiques was an extra so idk if they sexed the extra chick or not
I get what you mean. I get from TSC I wanted 6 pullet, 2 turned out to be cockerels😥 and I wanted all leghorns but all turned out to be Buff Orpington!

Back
Top Bottom