Please Tell Me What Am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dieselgrl48, Sep 7, 2010.

1. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Ok I have been meaning to post forever but been so tied up.I finaly got a pic of one of the girls.We got these from TSC in the pullet bin in spring.All the girls are pretty large and a couple are laying already.I had to put egg's up on Ebay I didn't want any of my egg's to go to waste.I know We got the red ang blacl sexlink's but I dont' know what these are.They have the neck color.The one in question is the one in front.Hope someone knows.They are great hen's.I didn't get any roo's like them but wound up with 3 blacksexlink roo's.

[​IMG]

2. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    Bsl.

3. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Looks like a black sex link to me.

4. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Black Sex Link.

5. iknowmike

iknowmike Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I was going to guess a black sex link as well. I think the black sex links are a cross between an Astrolorpe and a Rhode Island Red. could be wrong, but this one has a little more red, but not much.

6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I will try to get a close up of one of the girl's before I let them out in the morning.I know The red one's I have are red sexlink, and have some black hen's.I was tending to think maybe some mix also.I haven't had a lot of time lately to look up all of the breed's.All of the girl's in question have black body with that red/ orange on neck.Will try to post a better pic tommorow.Ty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by