Please tell me what breed my bantam is???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenniferlamar70, Aug 31, 2016.

1. jenniferlamar70

jenniferlamar70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    We got her out of the bantam bin at tractor supply. I've posted a few times but no one has been able to figure it out. Inside her mouth is pink. She has 2 white toenails. Other then that she is all black. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr Beaks

Mr Beaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    She's pretty! Ayam Cemani is what it reminds me of but it would be black inside and out. Can't wait to see what others think :pop.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    ME too but, they are much too expensive to end up in a Tractor supply store. Maybe Pyxis will see your post - then we will know for sure.

4. jenniferlamar70

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California

Pyxis didn't think ayam cemani either. I asked her first cause that's what I thought she looked like. Now I'm thinking Sumatra or American game hen. I really have no clue though.. :(

5. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    You could try posting on The Svart Hona thread. Maybe they could help determine what you've got? I recall a similar situation where the chick came from a TSC bin and I think it turned out that the hatchery they used had an old pair of Ayam Cemani they used for breeding every now and then. I think the post was from back in April, if that helps.

6. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    ME too but, they are much too expensive to end up in a Tractor supply store.

Indeed, I've heard hens can go for anywhere from $200 to $2000. That's a lot of money for a chicken!

7. jenniferlamar70

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California

Trust me I know lol. I just have no clue what she could be. She is one of my favorites. I would love to het more!

8. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    One of my game hens is currently raising 13 chicks who are sired by my Black Copper Marans cock. Every last one is all black. The hen is not black. She is a partrage color.
    Her sister raised 6, each one out of a different hen (New Hampshire, EE, Cuckoo Marans, and game chicken. There were two EE's), but sired by the Black Copper Marans rooster. Anyway..each of those, except for the Cuckoo Marans cockerel (who was barred), was black.
    Soon, yours could be most anything [​IMG].

9. jenniferlamar70

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    Could be but I know she isn't a mixed breed. Definitely hatchery stock though. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by