Please tell me what I am...

JodyJo

Songster
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Colorado
I have updated pics of a chick I received from a local woman, 5 toes, feathered legs...yellow legs...anyone have any ideas?

68634_dsc_0113.jpg

Ms.Frizzle :

Maybe a silkie mix? Looks like a roo to me.

not a roo, no comb at all yet, and 2 other posters gave me the idea of a polish cross...so we will see.​

Skin seems very light for a Silkie cross. With five toes I am thinking Sultan cross. Comb would be very tiny and not a very good indicator of gender. However, judging the coloration I am thinking rooster as well.

Quote:
alright then...thanks a ton, will keep posting shots, the woman I got it from did not know what it was....I will keep posting updated shots!

That little backwards crest, called a "tassel" makes me think it might have some Pyncheon bantam in it (but they are very rare). They are also 4 toed and clean legged. Would like to see pics when it's older.

Quote:
not a roo, no comb at all yet, and 2 other posters gave me the idea of a polish cross...so we will see.

I'm going with roo because of how the feathers are looking. Rather pointy on the back and saddle area. Though the crested kinds sometimes give me a little trouble.

Back
Top Bottom