Please tell me what is happening

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by terrilhb, Jan 4, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG]I have 10 egg in my incubator. They are brown eggs i put them in on the 31st of dec. I know they say to wait till the 7th or 8th day to candle. But i broke down today and did it. There is specks in the egg. This may sound stupid but they feel heavier. This is my 1st hatch. Can anyone help me please:fl

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Yeah I can help. SIT ON YER HANDS til day 10. Those speckles you are seeing are probably places where the veins join. You can see much better on day 10 or later.

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    thank you so much. i am sorry to be a bother. this is my 1st hatch. i am so nervous. thank you again so very much. i appreciate it more than you know:weee

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Trust me you are not the first newbie hatcher who couldn't keep their hands off their eggs. Truth of the matter is, the more you leave them alone, the better chance they have to hatch. The whole reason to candle is to weed out possible bad eggs that could explode. But most of us love knowing there is a birdie in the shell! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  5. tlb796

tlb796 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Portland
    Don't be sorry, not a bother at all. most people here are very understanding of all hatching issues related to impatients.[​IMG]:lau:lau
    Tamera

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by