PLEASE tell me what my silkie is

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stina3246, Jul 13, 2010.

1. stina3246

stina3246 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2010
    This is Faux. I still have NO clue what sex he/she is. He's about 4 months now. No eggs, no crowing. It has been suggested that he is a she but I'd like to know for sure. I want to ad one or 2 more to my flock but I need to know what I have first. THANKS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Silkies can certainly still out fox you at this age, but I think you have a girl. I don't see any comb development, but wait for 2 more months & then repost. [​IMG]

3. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    I'm going to say boy.

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'm going to say the pics are a little small and I can't tell. Sorry

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    The small pics don't make it easy---but I'm gonna guess it's a pullet

6. stina3246

Mar 25, 2010
    If you click on the pictures they get bigger. Or do you need even bigger then that?

7. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    I think she's a pullet. Very small comb for that to be a rooster at that age. At about 14 weeks our Silkie roo was crowing his head off repeatedly, while flapping his wings wildly. It was very cute, but I think you've got a girl.

8. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:Well call me dumb. LOL Thanks I didn't know that, now I'm going to say pullet and mine didn't start laying until they were 9 months.

9. stina3246

Mar 25, 2010
    Quote:Well call me dumb. LOL Thanks I didn't know that, now I'm going to say pullet and mine didn't start laying until they were 9 months.

LOL...I didn't know that for the longest time and would get frustrated by people posting such small pics!

10. stina3246

Mar 25, 2010

LOL...I didn't know that for the longest time and would get frustrated by people posting such small pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by