1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please tell me you cant shrink wrap a internal pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Jan 21, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I found out if the eggs chirping etc, its a internal pip, Well this morning I took a egg really quick and put if up to my ears, And I was listening, I dident shrink wrap it did I or does it have to be external????? please tell me yes. I know once you get a external pip you sit back and relax, but Im barley awae of what a interal pip is!!!! sorry im all wound up and excited//// I need to calm myself haha!!! [​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    OK you need to breathe, sit on your hands and leave the incubator ALONE!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I am no expert but I believe that as long as the outer shell has not been pipped you can not shrink wrap them unless your humidity is too low. Now stay out of the incubator! [​IMG] BTW good hatching vibes your way!

3. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Atually I was my broodies I have 2 broodies going each with 2 eggs and I have 1 in the incubator for fun [​IMG] I wont open the incubator because I have heard too many sad stories with incubators and shrink wrapping. The only reason I have the incubator going with oe egg is so I can keep myself busy by looking through the incubator window and leave my broodies along [​IMG] haha. and I wanted to se which hatches first and broodies or incubator hee hee thanks btw [​IMG]

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    OK then you need to leave the BROODIES alone then! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Haha yeah Im pretty sure there on the verg of taking my hand off [​IMG] haha I usually just slip my hand under then and feel for pips. But I only took 2 eggs out really quick and listens. I also heard a faint tapping sound [​IMG] But ill leave em alone now

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Yes it can happen before external piping. No you didn't make it happen. Its not something to worry about.

7. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Ive had a internal pip since 9:00 am today, ad its alomost 2 in the evening. Is that ok? uhhh I want a external pip sooo bad [​IMG]

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Your still ok. It can take quite a while.

9. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Ok, I just wanted to know how long they had tell they broke the air sack thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by