Please tell me your silkies looked like this at 3 weeks.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by The Sheriff, Nov 14, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking about driving over to MyPetChicken and slapping someone up side the head! [​IMG] They must have mentioned this in the fine print! [​IMG]
    I'm gonna need a hug.

Mary

2. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    They look pretty normal for pet quality silkie chicks.

What do you not like about them?

3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I love everything about them! [​IMG] I just never expected them to be so freaky looking. [​IMG] By the way, who you callin' pet quality? I am pretty sure once they get past this awkward phase they'll take first place at the county fair! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  4. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    Oh haha, Yeah they do go through an ugly stage but its all worth it in the end [​IMG]

5. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Yes, that is the butt ugly stage. Then they turn into this: Don't ya just love them!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:You give me hope to carry on. [​IMG]

7. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Yes, this is the website for chicken enablers!!! I never raised silkies until this past year after seeing them online. I absolutely am in love with them. They remind me of little Klingon warriors from Star Trek running around my yard with their little top knots !!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ONWARD!!

8. Georgiapea

Georgiapea Out Of The Brooder

Ye gads, that is one scary photo! You mean my little bits of Dandylion fluff with feet will turn into THOSE THINGS? I would not want to meet that front and center guy in a dark hen house! I'm with you on the "upside the head" thing. After we go thump My Pet Chicken, can we swing by Ideal Hatchery?

Whatcha got there? I have reds, whites, and blues, LOL.

Georgia in Alabama

9. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:I'm in! You buy the gas! That big ole pile o'feathers includes one buff, one partridge, one white, and two blues. The blue in the front is biting her toenails. When do you want to leave? [​IMG]

10. Georgiapea

Georgiapea Out Of The Brooder

Monday morning, 8 am we hit the road! I'm good for the gas but if we max out my 2 gas cards I know I can count on you to contribute. [​IMG] Otherwise we might end up out of gas and options in New Mexico and I've had enough of that place for a while! Where's My Pet anyway? Ideal's in Texas somewhere.

Ideal didn't have any partridge available now but my reds are really cute. I like the whites because their little black beaks show up so clearly. Each of my 6 blue ones is a different shade. I'm hoping some will end up being splash.

Georgia in Alabama

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by