Please vote yes to animal ownership.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by spectrumranch, Dec 23, 2011.

1. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    It kind of depends on the type of animal and the qualifications of owner as to whether I would approve of tighter laws. A news poll just doesn't provide enough information. While I generally dislike increasing government control of citizens, I can also understand the need to keep tigers and bears out of the hands of irresponsible people.

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:X2.

4. spectrumranch

Quote:I would vote "yes" they should be allowed, rather than vote "no" and have the news story sway towards all "exotic animals" be banned.

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I don't do polls, especially 'fair and balanced' polls. ;D But hear hear for exotics. I'm fine with regulation for truly dangerous or endangered/hard to keep animals, but I'm almost never okay with a complete ban on anything. I'm certainly ill at ease with the way animal ownership is headed in general via lobby groups, etc.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  6. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Over 11,000 people voted no. They are obviously ignorant to the fact that chinchillas and every bird in a pet shop is exotic.

7. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I voted "yes" Ohio is working on an exotic animal ban right now. [​IMG]

8. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Truly I have mixed feelings.

Burmese Pythons in the everglades, tilapia in the La. marshes, poison toads, piranha, lion fish, nutria rats, armodillas, eurasian carp, zebra mussels, on and on and on and on, how many loose breeding invasive species do we have out there------ just saying they sure has been a lot of less than responsible exotic animal owners. Somebody is going to have to pay to get the mess straightened out.

9. spectrumranch

Quote:Not to worry, when we become property of China, all that stuff will become lunch! [​IMG]

10. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Not to worry, when we become property of China, all that stuff will become lunch!

[​IMG]
    Winter in the northern states would kill off any escaped pythons. I agree with banning them where the temperatures would support them. They are an issue in Florida but they wouldn't be in Ohio.
    I'm against a ban that would include all exotics. There are already animal laws in place that can be used for people that don't take proper care of the animals. And no money to pay workers to enforce them.
    A large ban would take money from companies that manufacture fencing, cages, and other animal supplies. Then there is the pet food industries and medical care and probably the least amount is made on actual animal sales. Our state needs jobs right now.
    So the ban would hurt the animal industry and cost tax money to enforce laws already on the books.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by