Please what breed Rooster is this?

Kbruce

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 28, 2011
North Carolina
Hi can you help?
I bought him and a female at a poultry swap a few months ago but have no idea what breed he is or the hen that came with him? We call him Napoleon Cos such a cocky little rooster
smile.png
and gorgeous colors! The hen Misty has beautiful color feathers as well and very small!

When we asked the seller he said it's calked a "grey burst" ?? Whatever that is? Thanks to anyone who can give me a clue!

556761bd.jpg

1ab61575.jpg

I think they look like OEGB and I suppose the grey burst refers to the coloring. The only other possibility might be Serma with grey burst coloring. I'm not great at determining breed though. They are really cute.

Oh my goodness that rooster looks almost just like Napoleon! So are they both Old English Bantams the hen and rooster? Well thanks so much for the info it was driving me nuts
big_smile.png
it is nice to know what ya got!

Im not as familiar with bantams, but I would guess if you purchased her from the same seller that they are the same breed/color. only way to know for sure is to breed them!
lol.png

definitely both OEGB and very nice looking birds. you did well picking them out, from what I can tell their color isn't very common.

edited for typo

Last edited:
I think they are OEGB, but the color is odd. It reminds me of Blue Birchen. Maybe they are closer to Silver Blue. I really don't know the difference with Blue Birchen and Silver Blue. The colors might be one in the same just called different because of the breed.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom