1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pleased to be a member, let's all raise amazing birdfriends

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sunshine sistas, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Sunshine sistas

Sunshine sistas Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2014
    I am 44 yrs old, male, single.
    I am also intelligent, learned, yet try to always be caring and keep it simple. I am a polymath and am passionate about learning more truth as a scholar-student every day. I am glad this site is here so that we may all civilly compare and add to each other's experience. Enough about me, let's all raise some amazing friends(keep best care, in cases of adult animals), together. I inherited chickens from the owner when I rented 2 months ago. 5 hens free ranged, on the edge of rugged mountainous terrain covered with trees, point is, I get lots of wild predators. Also, have always had this natural Dr. Doolittle bond with animals, mine, others, wild.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

3. Sunshine sistas

Dec 1, 2014
    [​IMG] there's my lil sistas

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  4. Sunshine sistas

Dec 1, 2014
    This is part of my future intent with my coop

[​IMG]

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. If you have a problem losing your flock to predators, you might want to build a large enclosed run for your chickens. If you decide to do so, be sure and use hardware cloth instead of chicken wire as there are a number of predators that can tear through chicken wire, and others that can squeeze through the openings in the mesh. There is a good article on predator proofing your chickens at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/07/11-tips-for-predator-proofing-chickens.html. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

6. simply blessed

simply blessed Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2014
    Colorado
    Welcome! Enjoy your new chicken adventure!

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your birds in the future and hope you can keep them safe from the predators. Hope you enjoy BYC everyone here to help :frow

8. Sunshine sistas

Dec 1, 2014
    This is the rest (intented)

[​IMG]

9. Sunshine sistas

Dec 1, 2014
    If any of you wonderful birdbrains (j/k) could help me with your breeds/bloodlines in my quest for breeding one of these(pictures follow), I would be ETERNALLY grateful

10. Sunshine sistas

Dec 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by