Pleased to meet you!

Ms Matched

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 11, 2016
Ontario
Hi. I’m so happy to say that I’ve finally joined ‘Backyard Chickens’. I’ve been watching and reading your great articles for years and have never really gotten around to joining… foolish me! What a great website you have here.

I got my first day old chicks 4 years ago. Originally I thought “maybe just a couple of hens”… you know, to provide something for the egg basket? Ah, what a novice I was. As I’m sure most of you know it’s not humanly possible to stick with just a flock of 2 or 3. When it comes time to browse those fantastic hatchery sites in preparation for the next spring’s order… well… who can resist all those cute fluffy little bundles of joy? (Apparently my husband can, but he never complains and just gets his tools ready for the next addition to the coop – He’s a real keeper!)

My children think I’ve lost my mind and maybe I have, who cares!!! I’m really having fun in the process. Who says chickens can’t talk? I recognize most of my chooks’ voices by sound! I love to just sit and watch their antics with a coffee in one hand and my camera in the other. I’m sure most of you can relate. How about when they see you coming with the ‘treat cup’? How fun is that? When they fall all over themselves to be the first in line! Ha! Ha!

I’m glad to be a member and look forward to enjoying reading your many interesting and informative threads and maybe even posting a few myself.

Best wishes from the Canadian white north
Ms Matched
fr cel-contains kitchenaid pix 049.jpg

Hi. I’m so happy to say that I’ve finally joined ‘Backyard Chickens’. I’ve been watching and reading your great articles for years and have never really gotten around to joining… foolish me! What a great website you have here.

I got my first day old chicks 4 years ago. Originally I thought “maybe just a couple of hens”… you know, to provide something for the egg basket? Ah, what a novice I was. As I’m sure most of you know it’s not humanly possible to stick with just a flock of 2 or 3. When it comes time to browse those fantastic hatchery sites in preparation for the next spring’s order… well… who can resist all those cute fluffy little bundles of joy? (Apparently my husband can, but he never complains and just gets his tools ready for the next addition to the coop – He’s a real keeper!)

My children think I’ve lost my mind and maybe I have, who cares!!! I’m really having fun in the process. Who says chickens can’t talk? I recognize most of my chooks’ voices by sound! I love to just sit and watch their antics with a coffee in one hand and my camera in the other. I’m sure most of you can relate. How about when they see you coming with the ‘treat cup’? How fun is that? When they fall all over themselves to be the first in line! Ha! Ha!

I’m glad to be a member and look forward to enjoying reading your many interesting and informative threads and maybe even posting a few myself.

Best wishes from the Canadian white north
Ms Matched
View attachment 1230435

Welcome to Backyard Chickens nice of you to join you will find many of us that share your addiction your in great company here

Hello Ms Matched! Welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif
You are just next door to me, I'm from Manitoba. :frow

Please be sure to stop in at the Canadian threads if you haven't already done so.
Fellow Canadians? Anyone else out there?
Canadians check in here....

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Hello and Welcome to BYC! (aka BackYardChickens) :welcome
It's wonderful to have you here with us!
downloadfile-gif-1222623-gif.1230494

Thanks for joining! If you have questions, you will find your answers right here, on this brilliant site. :ya
This site is FULL of all info you will want/need to know about chickens and all poultry in general (and even other animals). And full of active, and fantastic members, they're amazing.
Beautiful flock! :love
Hope you have a fab day! :wee

Best wishes!
-Tov

Back
Top Bottom