Pleasure to meet you all!

t3wine

Chirping
May 22, 2018
Hello
Joined the group today. I've had chickens before but many years ago. In the last few months I've been reacquainting myself to them and collecting too! A neighbor started me out with 6 hens that she raised from chicks. A pair of salt and pepper silkies, two Americanas, 1 black and white speckled hen, one RI red were added to an Ancona rooster that was existing when we purchased our property in January. Since then I've added a golden laced Barnvelder, a silver laced wyandotte, a buff and a lavender Orpington. They are 2-4 months old. I have a coop within the big coop and will keep them there until ready to join the flock.

The silkie has been Broody for a couple months. I finally relented, after tried to dissuade her, and bought her three chicks. She's in love and is a great mom so far.

I have a very nice yet old coop, roosting House and egg room. I let them free range on our 2.3 acres each day and lock them up tight at night. I also have a Great Dane and a cat. They all get along very well.

Looking forward to learning from you all and helping where I can.
Thank you Dianna

Hello!
Thank you for my first reply! While our Dane is not agressive towards any animal she does alert us when there are strangers about. I think her presence alone is likely helping to keep intruders away???

Welcome Wagon.gif
It is great that you have chickens Again!

Back
Top Bottom