PLisssss help

aty1994

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 10, 2012
Hi, I had couple of baby chicks born last Friday and one of them cant controlled his legs neihter get up also he seems to have porblems controlling his head!!! Im taking care of this little guy but i need some adviced on what it could be that is affecting him!!! His eats when i feed him and drinks water so thats a thumps up!!! Pliss if anyone can help i will aprreciated!!!!

You mean he can't walk at all? Can you get a picture of the bird?

Right know i cant take a pic!!! But yeah he can't walk at all!!!! I dont know what to do!!! this is the first time since i've been raising chickens i confront this issue

Maybe!!! But the thing is he was born that way!!! he like gets into this fetal position like when they are inside the egg I dont know why!!!! Maybe the little guy does not know he has already born hehehe jk... Does he might have any chance to get cured???

You could try splinting his legs using a bandaid. Get a bandaid and put it accoss the legs just above the feet. Attach the sticky sides one to each leg so that the pad is in the middle of the legs. Put the bandaid on from the back of the chickens so that when it is attached the padded side faces the front of the chicken. I can't help with the head.

Last edited:
I think their talking about splay leg... What I did to fix it was I took some small ribbon, tied it to one leg real loose and then tied it to the other leg real loose too with little slack in between. It helped to build the muscle up and she ended up making it. You have to catch it early enough!!!

This was our chick named Fran who had splay leg and you can see, she is doing well now :)

Back
Top Bottom