Pls Help can I give Wazine wormer after treating birds with Frontline?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by WVDan44, Jan 14, 2013.

1. WVDan44

WVDan44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    MD
    I noticed mites on one of my birds so will treat them all with Frontline drops that I use for my dogs. How long do I need to wait to worm them and is Wazine okay or is there a more complete wormer I should use? Please advise. Both my red sex links feel very light so I don't know if it could be from the mites or worms or both. So I guess I'm going to have to treat for everything. Thanks for any advice I really appreciate some help with this as I just started keeping chickens about 4 months ago.

2. tashpotato

tashpotato Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    I am interesting in using frontline on my hens, is there a certain amount of the dropper you apply? Is if safe enough?

3. WVDan44

WVDan44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    MD
    I was told by a reputable long time breeder to use one small drop above the vent and one below. Dont put them so close that it can get inside the vent. Supposedly it will go into their bloodstream and kill the mites. You should not eat the eggs from a treated bird for about three weeks if you are concerned about injesting the medication.

My question to the forum is how soon can I treat for worms after using Frontline. I hope someone will help with this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by