1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Pls Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Saaniya, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Saaniya

Saaniya Crowing

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi
    Hello Everyone,

I'm in trouble from yesterday ..
    One of my 7 month old rooster were playing in sand ..packing happily suddenly he started starching neck up opening mouth wide like he wants to vomit ,
    squiggle head .. 7-8 times or more
    (I don't know this action) they usually squiggle their entire feathers with puffed up motion (just like dogs)
    I'm so so panic why he's doing yesterday I give directly olive oil then he didn't do often only 1-2 times till evening ..

Today! Both of my roosters did of after getting vitamins drops ..god what happened with them

I WANT TO TELL THAT THEY ARE PET ROOSTERS LIVE IN MY HOME THEY don't EAT earthworms OR anything RELATED TO GAPEWORM THEY EAT ALL FRESH CLEAN hygienic FOOD N WATER

WHAT IS THIS GOING ON IS THIS GAPEWORM Or aspergillosis ?? ..

Pls pls help
    Both of them are healthy , sweet , active , pls help I'm scared

ben0125 likes this.
  2. ben0125

ben0125 Songster

Are you sure they are not panting? Chickens pant sometimes when they are hot or when they aren't hydrated.

3. ben0125

ben0125 Songster

Is it doing something like this? panting-broiler-chicken-faced-with-heat-stress.jpg

4. ben0125

ben0125 Songster

Or, actually, he might see a "predator" like a cat or something. My chickens do that when they see my cat.

sorry for all the posts :p

5. Soon2BChixMom

Soon2BChixMom Crossing the Road

Jan 8, 2017
    NE Indiana
    My Coop
    Maybe they are adjusting their crop?

6. azygous

azygous Free Ranging 8 Years

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    You've got some typos in your post that confuse me, and I don't understand what happened after you gave the vitamins. Did they die? Are they still alive but doing the neck "thing"?

You have to be very careful when giving liquid oil to a chicken that it doesn't get squirted down their airway and get into their lungs, which can kill them.

It sounds like your rooster could have impacted crops. Oil is the correct thing to treat this with, but you need to get enough down them to do some good.

If you can get some coconut oil, leave it in its solid state and break off bits for the roosters to eat, trying to get about a tablespoon down each one. The solid oil is way less likely to get into the lungs than liquid oil.

After the roosters eat the coconut oil, massage their crops with your fingers gently, trying to break up the hard mass in their crops. Give more coconut oil a half hour later and massage again. If the mass still refuses to break up, give a stool softener such as Ducolax. Wait a half hour and massage again.

7. Saaniya

Saaniya Crowing

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

No not pant ..its winter here.
    They streach neck and open mouth wide some described it YAWN

penny1960 likes this.
  8. Saaniya

Saaniya Crowing

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

Ohh what confused u u can ask dear ..
    No his crop is empty every morning I check ..

penny1960 likes this.
  9. Soon2BChixMom

Soon2BChixMom Crossing the Road

Jan 8, 2017
    NE Indiana
    My Coop
    How often are they doing this? Do they have any other symptoms?
    I noticed in the evening my girls will adjust their crop while roosting. The first time I saw it, I was researching every possible illness.

10. Saaniya

Saaniya Crowing

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

No other symptom ..they start suddenly or after drinking or eating ..
    Nothing else ..BT they scared me

penny1960 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: