Plugged up goat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Salty Dog, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Salty Dog

Salty Dog New Egg

Dec 12, 2014
    My goat...Barney..is not feeling well,i think he is plugged up..he is about 1 year old..he is not himself and just now I layed down with him...he ate a little but got up and is trying to push something out...help me please

2. H Diamond

H Diamond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    If you really think he's constipated, use part of a human enema or suppository, or try some vegetable oil by mouth. I don't know the exact doses off hand. Have you seen him pee? Sometimes they look like they are straining to poo and the real problem is a urinary blockage. A large percent of the time, this is the actual problem. Take his temp also. If it's urinary calculi, you'll need to get him to a vet, otherwise urine backs up, and he will die.

3. Salty Dog

Salty Dog New Egg

Dec 12, 2014
    His urinary track was broken so he was peeing internally...so I had to put him down....so sad here. I love animals so much. It's just sad.

4. H Diamond

H Diamond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    I'm so sorry. :( It's a common problem with wethers, and can be hard to catch/fix. I lost a doe and all her babies last week (to a kidding complication, not UC). It's never easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by