Plum Dumplings

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you katharinad.

i so enjoy your posts. i believe i will try this recipe.
i lived in bavaria (wuerzburg, sorry i dont know how to get the umlaut
wink.png
) when i was in the Army.
I loved it there. It was so clean and beautiful. We visited the Alps, went to every festival we could find.
And Christmas! Oh my, Christmas. It's strange most of my American acquaintances found the Germans to be
cold or stern. I never saw that at all. I thought they were straightforward, helpful and generous.
I was helped more than once by a wonderful German when I had car trouble.
My daughter was about 3 years old and she was a beautiful child, blond ringlets, blue eyes and deep dimples.
The people just loved her. I did not know what they said to her, but it was obviously good stuff!
Oh, I do miss Germany.
When i was very young, my father was stationed at Bad Kreuznach, I am not sure where that is, but since it was
during the cold war probably pretty close to that wall somewhere.
Sigh......

anyway, enough of that reminiscing.
thank you for all your kind, generous and helpful posts.

any little farmettes available near you?
lol.png

Beth

Wuerzburg, that is where my husband's cousin was stationed. Wonderful area. Bad Kreuznach is west of Frankfurt, pretty far away from the wall. Cute little town. My husband's brother was stationed there. My husband comes out of a family of 10 kids, not to mention all the aunts and had tons of kids. So it isn't hard to find relatives all over the world. My dumplings are my families recipe, which is more of a northern recipe. In Bavaria they make similar recipes and probably add poppy seeds as a topping. This recipe can be made with other fruits, even berries. The sugar cube is important to cook the fruit into a preserve and you will have juice squirt out when cutting it to hard or fast. A sharp knife is a good idea to prevent table explosions. My parent always cut it for me in the kitchen, knowing that children are just having fun seeing it explode. Just cut slowly and you will be fine.

PS plenty of land available out here. If everything breaks there is a campsite near my.
cool.png

Last edited:
PS plenty of land available out here. If everything breaks there is a campsite near my.

excellent news!

and now that i know they explode, they must be made!
LOL​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom