Plumboy11 and his hightechchickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by plumboy11, Jun 1, 2011.

1. plumboy11

plumboy11 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2011
    Howdy BYC,

My name is Brennan and I am completely new to chickens. I have 6 birds in the brooder right now and cant wait till they check out there coop (still in the building stages). I plan on putting another dozen eggs in my incubator to see if I can get a few more, only two hatched out of the first batch. Honestly I have no clue what breeds I have. 4 Came from a local elementry school while I hatched two myself from eggs my wifes uncle gave me. I would guess his would be considered muts if it were dogs. People have given him different breeds over the years and there is 3 different roosters in the pin. Makes it interesting. I've noticed one of the two that I hatched is growing in brown feathers while the other one is white.

I found Backyardchickens.com while looking for coop ideas. Googled chicken coop and byc came up. Needless to say I was impressed with the quality of the website and community.

technology is another one of my passions/hobbies. I work as the district computer technician at a school district. I would consider myself a nerd, and embrace it.

I am 21 years old and married for 8 months now to my high school sweetheart. We dated for about 6 years before tie-in the knot. We live in North Eastern Ky next to ohio and WV, with our dog named cow. He had markings just like a Holstein when he will a puppy. Like a few of my chickens he is a mut. Very curious about the chickens but gentle. He just sniffs.

I have started my own website about my chickens. It is hightechchickens.com The main goal of the website is streaming live video feeds in and around the coop. So far I just have one camera in the brooder. I plan on expanding along with the chickens. If you have a few spare minutes please checkout hightechchickens.com I would really appreciate it.

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] from Connecticut! If your dog is named "Cow," I cannot WAIT to hear the names of your chickens!! [​IMG] Thanks for joining us, we're glad you're here.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. What kind of camera are you using? [​IMG]

4. plumboy11

plumboy11 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2011
    As far as names for now we just fieona which my wife named as she painted its toe nails. Im looking forward to the naming.

Currently Im using a microsoft lifecam VX3000. I picked it up at amazon for about $15 I think. I have a cisco linksys WVC80N wireless ip camera that I use to monitor my home but I cant find a good way to give others access to it for chicken viewing. I plan on putting a cheap computer in the coop and hooking 3 cameras to it and creating 3 ustream channels that will all be embedded into my hightechchickens.com website.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] from New Mexico!

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

7. Desert Rooster