plymouth Barred rock bantams

FinelyFeathered

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 31, 2012
Northern Ohio
anyone know of or does anyone on here have plymouth barred rock bantams? That sells day old chicks or hatching eggs? I am really interested in these but am not sure if i want to buy them from a hatchery or a private breeder any recomendations?

I don't deal in brb, but from my opinion I would go with a private breeder because of the increased chance of show quality birds. It depends on what your purpose with the birds are. Show or backyard quality?

Then definitely go with private breeder. Especially if sq is your intention. Because most likely they've been able to work on their lines, unlike a hatchery where they have birds just to produce hatching eggs

Hi FinelyFeathered, I just bought three beautiful Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams from an old farmer down in the bottoms. They are only two months but they look awesome, two little hens and a roo. It’s going to be a few months before they start laying, but keep me in mind and I could send you a few fertile eggs that you could hatch to get a start. The old guy told me that he had them for many years. I was just driving by when I first saw the chickens walking around in his yard. I went in and he told me that he didn’t sell them and he ate the eggs and extra chickens. But he finally gave in and sold me two hens and a roo. I couldn’t tell the difference between them, but he just snatched them up and said here is two pullets and a little Rooster. Man did my wife and I have a smile on our way home
ya.gif
. I almost had a wreck looking at my new trio! So I feel like I got an old strain or Barred Rocks from way back. He told me that they would weigh around 3 to 4 pounds each and lay plenty eggs. Have a nice day, Chandler

Hi FinelyFeathered, I just bought three beautiful Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams from an old farmer down in the bottoms. They are only two months but they look awesome, two little hens and a roo. It’s going to be a few months before they start laying, but keep me in mind and I could send you a few fertile eggs that you could hatch to get a start. The old guy told me that he had them for many years. I was just driving by when I first saw the chickens walking around in his yard. I went in and he told me that he didn’t sell them and he ate the eggs and extra chickens. But he finally gave in and sold me two hens and a roo. I couldn’t tell the difference between them, but he just snatched them up and said here is two pullets and a little Rooster. Man did my wife and I have a smile on our way home
ya.gif
. I almost had a wreck looking at my new trio! So I feel like I got an old strain or Barred Rocks from way back. He told me that they would weigh around 3 to 4 pounds each and lay plenty eggs. Have a nice day, Chandler

Hi Chandler!!! I just love the the older strain of Barred Rocks!!! I found a private breeder not too far away from me so I have placed an order for some eggs looking forward to their arrival!!!! Also have purchased some heritage Plymouth Barred rock getting those the end of june!!! Soooo Excited!!

I'm excited for you! I really like my Barred Rock Bantams! My first post was a long time ago, now I have 16 Hens and three Roosters.I also have a lot of baby chicks. My wife and I have so much fun with them. Each hen lays a pretty brown egg nearly every day. I sent Pictures, Thanks and have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom