Plymouth Barred Rock Rooster/male

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Xanatos, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Xanatos

Xanatos Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2010
    Need a boy to throw in with my girls to breed, never done it before but I at least know it takes a boy ! if anyone can give me a lead on one that would be great!

2. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:Where are you located? I am raising BRs and will have a few extra cockerels by the middle of Sept from show quality parents

3. Xanatos

Jan 14, 2010
    center of north carolina

4. Jx2inNC

Jx2inNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Caraway, NC
    Shoot...

We are in Central NC with one we are getting rid of...but a friend already asked for it. [​IMG]
    No interest in any cockerels/roosters other than PR/BR I take it?

5. Xanatos

Jan 14, 2010
    nope=( I know a guy who buys eggs from me would pay a few dollars for a rooster for the meat, and if you wanted to give them away, thats what I would do with them, otherwise no, Don't need any more roosters eating all the food=)

6. acwicker

acwicker New Egg

Aug 10, 2010
    I'm in Louisburg (north of Raleigh) - I have a BR cockerel who is singing and dancing with his ladies already (he is about 4 months old). He is not a full blood b/c he has some leg/foot feathers ( I think his daddy is a Columbian Cochin) but he is pretty and sweet! I don't really want to part with him but if it meant he got a home to make some cute BR babies I'd let him go. [​IMG]

7. Xanatos

Jan 14, 2010
    well i would like to hold out for a full blood, im not an expert on breeding chickens or anything, but i imagine i may lose some traits i want by mixing them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by