Plymouth Rock seems unsure

beeksnfeet

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 29, 2012
IL/WI border
Our 3 Buff Orpingtons & 2 Plymouth Rock's were born April 1st. They all seem to get along well & the buff's are exceptionally docile and friendly. They climb into my hand and love to be petted and scratched. The Plymouth on the other hand, do not climb into my hand and shy away when I try to pet them, totally opposite of the Buff's. One seems exceptionally skiddish. They all seem to be healthy and happy, until I put my hand in the brooder and the one kind freaks a bit. Any ideas??? :(

Just sounds like the paranoid bird in the bunch. I normally have at least 1 per bunch. The buffs are supose to be about the most docile laid back birds their is. As long as it is healthy I wouldn't worry. It may come out of it and be you best friend later on.

My PR chick was the same, and still is now. Only thing I can recommend is to spend a lot of time next to the brooder, softly talk to them and hand feed them (mine loved their crumbles mixed with water).

Thanks for the input. She kinda reminds me of the 1 kid in class who is afraid of everything! I will just keep an eye on her. Good to know that this is normal!

I do hand feed them sometimes and that is the only time she comes by me. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has gone through this. Being new to everything makes me a bit unsure at times. I will try mixing water with the crumbles...maybe she'll like that better then just dry. She does eat good too. Thanks!:)

Back
Top Bottom