plymouth rock sex links

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hankster, May 14, 2010.

1. hankster

hankster Hatching

May 10, 2010
    I was wondering if it is possible to produce sex linked chicks using white rocks and buff rocks, and if so, which color rooster and hen would be needed to achieve this. Thanks

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    If it were possible, your hens would have to be the white rocks and they would have to have the silver genes, however some/most White Rocks dont carry the silver genes and there is no way to know whether they do or not unless you breed them and see.

How ever if you want to Black Plymouth Rock Sexlinks, you can use barred hens with a buff, Partridge, black, blue, Splash, or silver penciled rock roo and make black sexlinks where the males will be barred and the females will be black.

3. When I breed my Black Araucana rooster to barred or cuckoo hens, all the roosters are barred or cuckooed and the hens are BLACK. So black that their feathers look green in bright sunlight. Very pretty to look at.

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yep You can breed Barred/Cuckoo hens with any color roo as long as he is not barred or dominant white, and get black sexlinks. breeding to a black roo roo should give you nice solid black hens with no red leakage that you would get from breeding with gold roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by