Plymouth Rocks 4weeks old boy or girls?

KWray

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2018
IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1268.JPG IMG_1269.JPG IMG_1270.JPG IMG_1271.JPG IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1240.JPG I have 2 Plymouth rocks both the same age about 4weeks old one is bigger and is getting feathers much quicker than the other the smaller one seems all healthy is quick and catchers small bugs better and faster than other when outside and is braver I have 2 questions
1/ is it normal for sizes to be so different is smaller one ok when I google age they all seem more feathered
2/ what sex do you think I have?

IMG_2613.jpg

I know chicks have lots of variables in growth rates. For comparisson, here is a picture of my barred rocks that turned for weeks old this last Wednesday (3/14). I'm inclined to believe that yours are not fully 4 weeks yet, but I only have mine to go by as a guide. Even though the picture might not show it the best, the one that is in focus (farthest back, closest to the wall) is what they all look like - they are all pretty evenly feathered if you can get them to stand next to each other - which you can't because they're little rocket runners unless they are feeding!

View attachment 1297898 View attachment 1297901 View attachment 1297902 View attachment 1297903 View attachment 1297907 View attachment 1297911 View attachment 1297895 I have 2 Plymouth rocks both the same age about 4weeks old one is bigger and is getting feathers much quicker than the other the smaller one seems all healthy is quick and catchers small bugs better and faster than other when outside and is braver I have 2 questions
1/ is it normal for sizes to be so different is smaller one ok when I google age they all seem more feathered
the picture with the 8 around the feeder from 12 o'clock and around clockwise:
girl
boy
boy
girl
boy
girl
boy
girl

:)

oh wait... you didn't post that one.

I'm assuming you have only 2 chicks? they look like boys to me.

The light ones are boys and the dark ones are girls Taken at 4 weeks old. View attachment 1299911

Wow, there is a lot of white on the boys. This is a great reference picture. I'll have to try and take a snap when my three are together around the feeder. At four weeks, none of my three have near that amount of white. Based on this picture, and reading that the girls have more of a gray wash color on their feet (which all three of mine do) I'm thinking that I really did get three ladies. I'll try and grab a picture when I can and let others help confirm, but it does look promising.

View attachment 1297898 View attachment 1297901 View attachment 1297902 View attachment 1297903 View attachment 1297907 View attachment 1297911 View attachment 1297895 I have 2 Plymouth rocks both the same age about 4weeks old one is bigger and is getting feathers much quicker than the other the smaller one seems all healthy is quick and catchers small bugs better and faster than other when outside and is braver I have 2 questions
Id
id have to say there both girls

Back
Top Bottom