Plymouth Rocks

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by country freedom, Oct 11, 2007.

1. I will be looking for a variety of colors of this breed. I know of seven: Barred, Blue, Buff, Columbian, Partridge, Silver-Penciled, White.

Does anyone know of any Hatcheries/Breeders who have all of them?
    Thank you!

I already know what breed my roo will be---Speckled Sussex![​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    And dont forget the Blue Rocks....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Songster

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    McMurray has several, but not all.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have barred rocks and patridge rocks. They are fluffy fat pullets with the sweetest dispositions. I got them from McMurray hatchery this past spring. I am very happy with them.

5. There is a breeder that is trying to make new varieties, but I forget where I saw his website. I guess I look under Plymouth Rocks again. I know about McMurray, they sell a few nice looking varieties, but not the newer ones, like the Blues, which I want some of also. Since I don't see any Blacks, having Blues, do you also get some Blacks when chicks are hatched out? I know you probably get some splashed. DF and I are still talking about moving to our place (I haven't seen it yet, it's a surprise) before the first of the year.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  6. Ewesheep, beautiful Blues you have! May I ask where you got yours? Have you hatched any Blue chicks out yet, and would you get some Black chicks out of Blues? I know you get some Splashed.

7. OHChick

OHChick Songster

May 8, 2007
    Hi there. not sure about all the varieties you list, but I got 5 barred rock pullets, 17 wks old last Saturday from Meyer Hatchery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by