Plymouth Rocks ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Rusty Hills Farm, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I've got buff Rocks on order, so I've been reading everything I can find on the breed. That's how I discovered there are also Columbian PRs and Silver-Penciled PRs, neither of which I have ever seen. Is anyone breeding them who could tell me a bit about them? I'd love to see some pixs and hear about how well they lay or any other information. Does anyone know of a source for either color?

I had been planning to order some Partridge PRs, but I am fascinated by the idea of these 2 colors.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    You know...I've heard of those 2 colors but have NEVER seen either for sale myself hmm... good question..

3. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
  4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have silver penciled rocks that I got from McMurray, but they are just teen-agers, so they have that punk rock look. If they ever grow up, Ill post pictures.

5. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I have silver penciled rocks that I got from McMurray, but they are just teen-agers, so they have that punk rock look. If they ever grow up, Ill post pictures.

How do they compare, size-wise, to the barred ones? I'd love to hear about them. I checked out McMurray's site just now and I am soooo curious about the silver penciled ones! They have a sketch but no photos. Any pix that I've found online are likely Wyandottes because they have rose combs, so I've never really seen any REAL rocks in that color!

I'd LOVE to see pix!

[​IMG]

6. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    All of the Plymouth rocks will be generally speaking the same size and conformation, just a different color/pattern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by