Fazle Rabbi

Chirping
Sep 29, 2018
IMG_20181110_234715.jpg
IMG_20181110_234739.jpg
IMG_20181110_234812.jpg
IMG_20181108_121156.jpg
IMG_20181108_121156.jpg
guys my chiken got some pimples in the eyes and one eye us closed in 1 day. And Tonight u saw that the other also closing. Plz help me. What can i do to save my girl. It is scratching its eye with the nails.

Where in the world are you located? It helps to include that info on your profile page so that we can see at a glance each time you post. If you have a climate where mosquitos are thriving then I would say that it is probably a very bad case of fowl box. Check inside her mouth for any yellow plaques or lesions that will tell you if it has developed into wet pox. If you don't have mosquitoes then it is likely to be something else, possibly some other insect biting her and causing an allergic reaction or perhaps something like cutaneous Marek's. Fowl Pox and Marek's are both viruses so medication will not help and you are looking to make the bird as comfortable as possible and support it's immune system with a good poultry vitamin supplement. If quality of life is unsustainable then it is kindest to end their suffering. If the bird cannot open it's eyes to see it will not be able to eat and drink and will need help with that.

Hey it definitely looks like fowl pox:hitim very experienced with it. It a 50-50 chance of recovery. The hens that did survive in my flock only lay about 1 egg a week. There's nothing really you can do about it except boost her Immune System. You can do this by chopping Herbs and hand feeding her. They also have probiotics that you can put in her water. Do you have are with a flock ?

Where in the world are you located? It helps to include that info on your profile page so that we can see at a glance each time you post. If you have a climate where mosquitos are thriving then I would say that it is probably a very bad case of fowl box. Check inside her mouth for any yellow plaques or lesions that will tell you if it has developed into wet pox. If you don't have mosquitoes then it is likely to be something else, possibly some other insect biting her and causing an allergic reaction or perhaps something like cutaneous Marek's. Fowl Pox and Marek's are both viruses so medication will not help and you are looking to make the bird as comfortable as possible and support it's immune system with a good poultry vitamin supplement. If quality of life is unsustainable then it is kindest to end their suffering. If the bird cannot open it's eyes to see it will not be able to eat and drink and will need help with that.
Hi Rebrascora, thanks for your reply!! Yeah we have lots of mosquitoes around. Anything i could do to wash her eyes? Should i leave her like that!!

Hey it definitely looks like fowl pox:hitim very experienced with it. It a 50-50 chance of recovery. The hens that did survive in my flock only lay about 1 egg a week. There's nothing really you can do about it except boost her Immune System. You can do this by chopping Herbs and hand feeding her. They also have probiotics that you can put in her water. Do you have are with a flock ?
Hi 4-H chicken shower, thanks for the answer. What kind of herb you are mentioning? I have 3 more Hen and a Cock
@Fazle Rabbi, how is your hen doing?
Hi micstrachan, she is still alive

Hey Rebrascora, no yellow plaques or lesions. But i nasal hole is jammed for this thing.

It might help relive the itching to wash her face and eyes with some warm salty water (not too salty). Then apply some triple antibiotic ointment. I don't think that you are supposed to use the kind with the pain reliever "lidocaine" in it. You can also dissolve 1 aspirin in a quart/liter of water and let her drink as much of that as she will through out the day, it should help with the pain some.
For immediate relief, you can crush 1/4 of a regular 325mg or 1 baby aspirin 80mg and sprinkle it/mix it in a treat food. Here's a link to better directions:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/aspirin-dosing.1198396/

Some of our Elder Members with more expert knowledge will chime in soon with more detailed advise.
I hope your girl gets to feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom