1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLZ HELP ME!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenpets786, Nov 7, 2015.

1. chickenpets786

chickenpets786 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hi
    I am a new member to the website and have bought 2 chickens about a week ago_One of them laid eggs for 2days in its nest and stopped and then laid one days later on the floor outside the other had not laid at all.After this there have been no eggs laid.Also my chickens like to sleep in the same corner and recently the laying chicken has been pecking the other hen very badly.there is no blood or feather damage but hair loss on the head.The laying hen pecks the other which does not peck back and just lays its head down.PLZ HELP.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    What kind of chickens?

3. chickenpets786

Nov 7, 2015
    i am not sure i was not told by the seller.i can put up a picture in the morning when i see them.

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Ok. I'd do that. I'm trying to just comment on here so maybe someone more experienced may see it and jump in. If she's pulling feathers out or if any blood you should separate them.

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I really wouldn't worry about the egg thing right now because of the time change and you just got them.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. My guess would be, they are working out the new pecking order. Once that is over with, the eggs should start back up. Stress can interrupt a laying cycle. That's my two cents. Good luck with them.

8. chickenpets786

Nov 7, 2015
    There has been no blood or feather picking but just pecking at night.T:)hanks for your help anyways.

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Change is stressful to chickens. Once they get used to their new surroundings, things should calm down. If the pecking causes any blood to appear, intervene and treat as needed. Chickens can be really mean to each other and seeing blood will make the aggression worse.

Good luck to you, thanks for joining us!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If the pecking gets really bad get pinless peepers for the bully. The bird can't see straight ahead with them on, so misses it's target. I would think just wearing them will distract meany- hopefully. You can put pinless peepers in the search box to find out more about them. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by