Plz help.. News.. Incubating duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jessinnick, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jessinnick

jessinnick New Egg

Jan 26, 2016
    OK I'm on day 27 and I lost track of days for a minute there till yesterday when I recounted and realized I was suppose to stop turning one of my eggs like 2-3 days ago and didn't till yesterday at day 26 they are pekin duck eggs . did I hurt my baby Duckie in the making? I still see movement in the egg tho!

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Did you mark the air cell? Put an "X" where it dips furthest down, that's the likeliest spot where the duckling will internal pip. Place the egg on its side with that air pocket facing UPWARD and do not move them! What's your temp and humidity at? It needs to be different for hatch.

3. DemonicFowl

DemonicFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2014
    South Eastern Mass
    How was the hatch?

4. jessinnick

jessinnick New Egg

Jan 26, 2016
    Sadly the first baby did not hatch :( . there was movement in the morning and then that night when I went to do the last turn on the others there was no longer any movement or sign of life . so I have beat myself up over it and plan to not let it happen again.

5. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    How are the other eggs doing? Have any of them internally pipped? Are they lying on their sides or still upright? Also, why are you still turning the eggs? At day 27 they should have already been in lockdown, and that was back on the 26th.

6. DemonicFowl

DemonicFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2014
    South Eastern Mass

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with my first time hatching 12 eggs. "Got" some silkies, polish, and cochin hatching eggs and only one hatched. The Fancy, a tuff little splashed silkie X polish. 2 others egg yolk sacs ruptured a few days before hatching... hope your other babies hatch successfully :).

7. jessinnick

jessinnick New Egg

Jan 26, 2016
    Other eggs are doing good I have one in lockdown as of today and is due on the 3rd I believe I wrote it down on calendar and also set alarms on my phone ... So hoping for the best!!

8. barkersbirds

barkersbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

9. jessinnick

jessinnick New Egg

Jan 26, 2016
    i have 3 fluffy lil frisky duckies

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Congrats!!! pics [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by