Plz help.. News.. Incubating duck eggs

jessinnick

Hatching
Jan 26, 2016
OK I'm on day 27 and I lost track of days for a minute there till yesterday when I recounted and realized I was suppose to stop turning one of my eggs like 2-3 days ago and didn't till yesterday at day 26 they are pekin duck eggs . did I hurt my baby Duckie in the making? I still see movement in the egg tho!

OK I'm on day 27 and I lost track of days for a minute there till yesterday when I recounted and realized I was suppose to stop turning one of my eggs like 2-3 days ago and didn't till yesterday at day 26 they are pekin duck eggs . did I hurt my baby Duckie in the making? I still see movement in the egg tho!

Did you mark the air cell? Put an "X" where it dips furthest down, that's the likeliest spot where the duckling will internal pip. Place the egg on its side with that air pocket facing UPWARD and do not move them! What's your temp and humidity at? It needs to be different for hatch.

Sadly the first baby did not hatch :( . there was movement in the morning and then that night when I went to do the last turn on the others there was no longer any movement or sign of life . so I have beat myself up over it and plan to not let it happen again.

Sadly the first baby did not hatch
sad.png
. there was movement in the morning and then that night when I went to do the last turn on the others there was no longer any movement or sign of life . so I have beat myself up over it and plan to not let it happen again.

How are the other eggs doing? Have any of them internally pipped? Are they lying on their sides or still upright? Also, why are you still turning the eggs? At day 27 they should have already been in lockdown, and that was back on the 26th.

Sadly the first baby did not hatch :( . there was movement in the morning and then that night when I went to do the last turn on the others there was no longer any movement or sign of life . so I have beat myself up over it and plan to not let it happen again.

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with my first time hatching 12 eggs. "Got" some silkies, polish, and cochin hatching eggs and only one hatched. The Fancy, a tuff little splashed silkie X polish. 2 others egg yolk sacs ruptured a few days before hatching... hope your other babies hatch successfully :).

Other eggs are doing good I have one in lockdown as of today and is due on the 3rd I believe I wrote it down on calendar and also set alarms on my phone ... So hoping for the best!!

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom