1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLZ HELP, SOS

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Nin315, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Nin315

Nin315 Out Of The Brooder

Hi all, need your help, plz. Just bought a pair of young lady amherst and a trio of red throat goldens. I wont bore u with details, but lady amherst hen got out and ran to the woods. Any suggestions on getting her back, or am I totally screwed here? All were raised together from chicks. I did hear her whistle so im hoping she stays close. Many preditors around. Never had pheasants b4. Sure hope u guys can help.e

Thx in advance.

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    There is a good chance she will come back to the male when he crows (if he's old enough). I've used live traps to catch escaped birds. Good luck.

3. Nin315

Nin315 Out Of The Brooder

Ok, ive got a live trap. Do I bait it or just put neaar pen? Thx

4. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Definitely bait it with feed the bird knows and likes.

5. 007Sean

007Sean Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    I've had a few escape, only a couple came back. If the live trap doesn't work....i wouldn't hope too much that it will...try opening the pen door, if you can seperate the other birds at one end of the pen. I've had better luck that way. I've had some avoid predators for weeks before they finally returned home. Hope the best and good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by