1. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Hi. I am trying to get the hang of PM's. I sent one yesterday but since it doesn't show up in the message "Sent" list, does that mean it didn't go through?
    So I tried again this morning, about 24 hours later, and got a message that at least 20 seconds have to pass between messages and to try again in a bit. It had been a good 24 hours since the last time I tried, hence a gazillion 20 second intervals had passed.
    Am I doing something wrong?Thanks! I would appreciate any education in the ways of PMing so I don't mess it up!
    JJ

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have the same problem. There is no sent messages for me and it says to wait at least 20 seconds to send. even though my last message was like a hour ago. I go back and says the message again. I try over 5 times then it goes through

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You have to mark the box at the bottom of the send message screen to retain a copy of it in your PM sent box.

4. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

JJ,
    I just sent you one as a expieriement (sp.)

See if you have it yet.

5. Nick

Nick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Before you hit SEND make sure you put a check mark next to save message (right above send)

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    You are limited to number of PM's you can keep, so the default setting is to not save the sent message.

It will say message sent then return you to your PM box, if it says must wait 20 seconds, push back and send again.

there is a % at top when it reaches 100% anyone sending you a message will get recipient has no room message that is why sent are not automatically saved, box size doubles recently, so you do have more room now

7. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks everybody! Having learned from you, I see I likely shouldn't have had the 20 second thing happen because I hadn't tried to PM in over 24 hours so it was probably just a quirky computer thing this morning!
    And thanks about the "Save" check mark. Steve, thanks for your experimental PM - I really appreciate it and did receive it and just responded.
    You are all super.
    JJ

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    im having problems. i sent a pm and marked the box...but it did that 20 second thing....

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Ok, you shouldn't get that 20 second error message any more!

If there are any other problems with PMs let me know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by