PO really stinks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by theOEGBman, Feb 29, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    My friend ordered 25 Cubalaya chicks from Ideal and they arrived today. I asked her how they were as soon as I got into the store, and she said she received a box full of dead chicks. [​IMG]

She said the bedding was on TOP of the chicks, so someone must have thrown the box around. She said they are sending out a new batch, but its so terrible that they had to go through that before they died. Keep your fingers crossed for a LIVE batch this time! [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am so sorry oegb. Hope your second set is much better

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    awful!! Hopefully this time they make it through okay and I really hope the culpret who did it gets fired! Evil worker!

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Ya know-- I don't have chicks, but I've read a lot of posts about p.o. "mishandling" of chicks here-- maybe They ought be reported to the ASPCA! ~:[

5. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    They werent mine, Stevie. They were a friends. But it really does stink. Her son is like us, he's a poultry fanatic. You can ask him any breed and he can tell you all about them, including where they originated from! And he's only 11! I cant do that,lol.

I hope so too, CnG. Its terrible.

d.k, I doubt it would help. They have so much mail to go through daily that they dont really have the time to treat the chicks like they are living beings. Im not saying they are not at fault, because they shouldnt have tossed a box of live chicks around like that, and unfortunately, the chicks were the ones who paid for it.

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ok. Does he know? i would be devastated at that age.

7. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I dont think he knows yet. He went to 6th grade camp this week, and he's getting back today. Im sure he's going to be pretty upset. Im 17 and I'd still be upset!

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    tell him its the PO for doing it and not yours. Keep us updated for the new set of chicks

9. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    That's disgusting. What's so bad is how much those people make, plus plenty of paid holidays! They should be so privileged to handle shipped chicks/birds with care. [​IMG]
    I'm sorry OEGB, really am.

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm sorry. [​IMG]

I'm excited about dealing with making my first delivery of chicks! [​IMG]

Regardless of how much USPS workers make, some people just do not care about animals, period.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by