Pocahantas in Pigtails my girl's new doo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by franklinstreetwest, Sep 28, 2010.

1. franklinstreetwest

franklinstreetwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    Another member's post inspired me to try this out on Pocahantas. I got out my tiniest rubberbands for micro-braids and went to work giving her pigtails. She layed there patiently in my lap while I fussed with her head...what a tolerant girl! I took care to not have it so tight that it pulled her eyelids back, I remember how much I hated it when my mother would give me a face lift when she pulled my hair back!! When I was finished, I set her down and she was STARTLED!! She did a little head shaking and a LOT of talking about it....oh my goodness she had a lot to say! She acted like she didn't trust her new vision and perspective. But she settled down and I took her back out with her sister and the kids. The kids all ran up and did some talking about it too. They would look curiously at her eyes and twitter away to one another. As if to say "I didn't know she had eyes! Did you know she had eyes?......"
    [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    What a cute face!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a beauty! Now I have to figure out why my hair does not behave that well. My eyeballs are hair magnets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by