Pocahontas Arkansas?

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Found some interesting listings of real estate for sale in Pocahontas (sp). How is the weather there? Is it a nice place? Property prices in the area seem reasonable so I'm wondering. Lots of times good prices mean bad weather or other serious negatives.....

Cassie, have you looked at this:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Pocahontas-Arkansas.html

North and east of us in the state; doesn't get quite as hot as we do in July and August. As a transplant to Arkansas from NC, that's the one thing I really hate about living in Arkansas, the heat and humidity (worse than Florida, I swear!).

IMO, the negatives are that the state in general is 20 years behind the rest of the country in technology and services. Need a hospital with the latest advances in medicine? Count on driving an hour, at least. Want to live in the country, but have access to things such as DSL? Only when it decides to actually work.

Get yourself a weather alert radio and be sure and get a place with a storm cellar. Tornados happen. On the bright side, no worries with hurricanes (much), wildfires (much) or earthquakes.
smile.png

Last edited:
that's fairly near my home area. nice weather IMO, different zone completely than southern arkansas. you have hills there. it's rural. conservative. low cost of living. pretty farmland. arkansas hill country is my favorite, but i guess i'm biased. that's right where the delta hits the hills. tiny little town, under 10k population still i am sure.

Back
Top Bottom