Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Doodadman, Nov 29, 2009.
I was told to keep the chickens away because the plant is tonic. Is this true?
I know they are toxic for pets like dogs and cats, so I would assume that the same is true for chickens.
Yes they are poison! Keep them out of reach of your precious pets and children.
Thank you all. Beautiful plant, but I love my birds. I'll find something else to spruce up the garden.
Honestly I find my chickens are plenty smart enough not to eat poisionous plants. Since we have a deer issue, most of my landscaping is stuff that's not safe to eat and they just don't eat it.
Poinsettias are not poisonous unless you eat lots and lots of it. The example is a 50 pound child would have to eat 150 of the bracts, and it tastes very bitter.
I planted pointsettias this weekend and just noticed my girls ate all the leaves. There were not too many leaves. Do I have a reason to be concerned? Anything I should do, besides keep them away going forward!