Poison Ivy????

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ABHanna4d, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ABHanna4d

ABHanna4d Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2009
    Wichita
    We dont have our chickens yet, but are picking them up this week, we are wanting them to be able to freerange throughout the yard during the day and then into the coop at night.
    We recently moved and had a tremendous amount of poison ivy throughout the whole yard that we did our best to completely remove. As far as we know its all gone, but if it springs up anymore and the chickens pick at it will that kill them?

2. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    They probably wont pick at it.

3. buck431397

buck431397 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Pilesgrove, NJ
    i dont think they eat it, it would be nice though. theyll probably just lay their eggs in a big bush of it......

4. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

5. mdbokc

mdbokc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Oklahoma County, OK
    But they can give you the poison ivy if you handle them. They can have it on them. And they'll have it on their feet from scratching around in the root area. So be careful if you are sensitive . Been there, done that.

6. ABHanna4d

Sep 19, 2009
    Wichita
    I got it REAL bad recently from my dog so we are on high alert because Im pretty sensative to it.

7. Jermbubba

Jermbubba Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2009
    SC
    get a goat. they love the stuff!

8. ABHanna4d

Sep 19, 2009
    Wichita
    Quote:SERIOUSLY!! Goats can eat it and it wont affect them! [​IMG] that would be GREAT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by