Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by joetta, Oct 13, 2012.

  1. joetta

    joetta Out Of The Brooder

    11
    0
    24
    Aug 4, 2012
    Help....my one month old chicks ate poison ivy today. Is that bad????
     
  2. JeffOeuf

    JeffOeuf Chillin' With My Peeps

    394
    28
    121
    Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield Missouri
    Nope. Humans are about about the only animal that reacts to the oil in poison ivy.
     
  3. joetta

    joetta Out Of The Brooder

    11
    0
    24
    Aug 4, 2012
    Ok, Thanks. I thought so, but wasn't sure. They rubbed up all over the vine too. Had a heck of a time shooing them back into the chicken coop without touching them, though! I have heard that animals can get the oils on them and transfer to humans, causing a reaction. And I am crazy allergic to it! Keeping my fingers crossed!
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by