poisoned

bubbastump22

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
madison,fl
hi my name is justin.. my chickens got out one night of the coop while i was gone and had someone taking care of them.... my chicken is a buffed bantam..very cute..but i think she got into poison that we sprayed around the house..... she will drink alot but will hardly eat..i have to open her mouth and force feed her..i just removed her from the coop but...not sure that shes goin to make it..any ideas of what i can do...

hit.gif
that is so sad! you should take her to the vet as soon as possible!

Welcome to the forum....sorry it is on a sad note. You can try an Epsom salt flush or molasses flush.
Keep her warm and in a seperate area. Try mixing some poultry vitamins or gadorade and using a syringe with needle inject some under her loose skin over her shoulders...it should make a bubble under the skin. It depends on how much she might have injested and how it affects her liver and organs as to if she can pull through. You can mix a chick crumble with water into a oatmeal type texture and try springing into her mouth.... Just not anything watery as she could aspirate on it.

Back
Top Bottom