poisonous vegetation consumed NOW WHAT???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 3Rebecca3, Nov 23, 2014.

1. 3Rebecca3

3Rebecca3 New Egg

Nov 23, 2014
    My whole flock (36birds variety of breed) went on strike for about 15days (Not normal for my flock). I have been really trying to figure this one out.. I think today while out in the chicken run I noticed that in the pile of weeds and such that had been tossed over was a weed called Nightshade and all the tomato plants went in as well. After much research I have a feeling this might be the culprit of the strike... So my question is now what? If they have consumed the poisonous plans and any other vegetation how do I get their systems back on track?

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    If they have eaten any, I don't think there is anything you can do but hope they are ok.. And secure the area to keep them out.

[​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. Generally, chickens instinctively know what's good to eat and what's not good to eat. Keep in mind that egg production drops during winter, stress with temperature changes, weather conditions, less daylight hours, molt, etc...
    All you can do is observe your birds for anything out of the ordinary.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by