1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

POL Lavender Muscovy Pair SE TN no ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Goose and Fig, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    This is a young pair (2011) of lavender muscovy ducks. I really like them, but I cannot afford to build another pen and I cannot bring myself to keep them confined. The drake is feeling his oats and has just started chasing my geese around. He is very big. They are both people-friendly for the most part and will even eat from your hand after they trust you, but don't like to be picked up.

[​IMG]

You can see the female behind the goose. They both have lovely curly crests.
    [​IMG]

This is her a month ago. Haven't gotten many pics lately- the weather has been awful.
    [​IMG]

This is pick-up or meet only. We're between 37367 and 37327, or you can get directions here: www.gardnerplace.com

New pic- 12/26
    They get along great with other animals [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Beautiful! Wish I was closer!

3. Josie360

Josie360 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Central Texas
    Same here...if only I were closer. [​IMG] Beautiful birds.

4. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I have never really given ducks a thought till I saw this pair of your Amy, they are really beautiful! [​IMG] Wish I were closer too. [​IMG]

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    They are such neat birds. When I first got them I thought something was wrong because thier "waddle" is so extreme [​IMG] Maybe that other BYCer selling the geese will let me have them and I'll be heading east [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by