Polish and Ameraucana Eggs to ship Monday, 5/12 *NPIP*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Crunchie, May 9, 2008.

1. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I'd like to send these out as a package deal, if anyone is interested in both breeds. 9 (plus extras) White Crested Black Polish (large fowl) and 6 (plus an extra or two if they cooperate) Ameraucanas (splash roo over blue hens = 50% blue/50% splash chicks). $25 for all, total--includes shipping. PayPal only, please. These eggs will be ready to go Monday morning!

Fertility has been very good with the Polish both here at home and shipped. My Polish are from nice lines and I have some very nice young birds here that I have hatched out of these pens.

I have had good fertility with the Ameraucanas myself, but I have not had any reports on them shipped as I just sent out the first set from this pen this week [​IMG] . Because my Ameraucana breeders are young and I just don't know how quality (or not) their offspring are going to turn out to be (I've hatched a few from them but they're still just chicks), for this price, I'm basically throwing in the Am eggs with the Polish as "bonus" for anyone who'd like to try them. There is no reason that you won't get healthy chicks that meet the standards for true Ameraucana, I just wouldn't expect to get any show quality birds--and the potential is there to get some non-standard (Easter Egger) birds as well, as when I hatched out these parent birds I also hatched some related birds that were non-standard colors. True Ameraucana parents or not, if a bird hatches out non-standard in any way I personally would consider it an Easter Egger. Nothing wrong with that, I just want people to know what they are getting! [​IMG] So far, though, the chicks from these guys are blue and splash with muffs/beards, just as they should be! Only time will tell to see if they grow out to truly meet the standards.

Ok, disclaimer out of the way...for pics of the birds in these breeding pens and/or more information see my web site. I am an NPIP participant and am pullorum-free. We also are AI clean.

If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to email or PM me.

And, a couple of cute chic pics...

Day-old WCB Polish
    [​IMG]

4-week old WCB Polish, same hatch
    [​IMG]

2. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I still have these available to ship tomorrow. [​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG] My bator is full or I would love these eggs. I want some of those Polish for sure in my flock.

4. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Well, feel free to contact me if you ever do want any--my birds aren't going anywhere (the Polish are my favorites, so entertaining!), so as long as the weather isn't too hot I can ship eggs most any week. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by