POLISH (any kind is cool)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bhazell123, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    im wanting to learn about these awesome looking birds so please pics are a yay and info about if they are bantam or not . please excuse the spelling [​IMG] and thanks a ton

2. RingedTeal

RingedTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Georgiana,Alabama
    You can get a bantam or a standard size polish.

3. Sleepy1

Sleepy1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    I have 4 polish that i'm currently raising and i have found this breed to be one of the most amazing breeds in my honest opinion. They have a really funny personality and with there top hats being in the way of there eyes its funny watching there head movement. I will try to get pics up tonight. I have one Golden Laced Polish, two black with with crested top hats, and one creme and white polish.

4. hamilton3475

hamilton3475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Alabama
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have just started A few buff laced and I love them. They imprinted on me and would climb all over me tuck their little heads and sleep. They're older now and the crests are getting bigger, so unusual to look at and very funny to watch the little rascals.

I have been told to be sure they have a good water tight pen, they shouldn't get wet. The BYC pros will certainly know more.

You wont regret getting polish. I gotta get more lol [​IMG]

5. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    anymore polish pics ?? and those were some cuties [​IMG]

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  7. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Polish are so comical to watch, you will love them! Mine are large fowl. I have buff lace, splash, white, silver lace, white crested blue , and white crested black.

8. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I have 1 black crested white, 1 silver laced, 1 gold laced, and 1 buff. I will try to get pics. this evening. Mine are just from Ideal, but I really love them and think only the silver laced is a roo-----Yay!

9. blitz1027

blitz1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Heres some pics of my rooster. We call him Fromon and my Buff laced Polish girls. They are truly a unique breed. A real conversation piece for people who don't know that much about chickens

[​IMG]

The pics of my girls are a few weeks old so they've actually grown alot and they've gotten alot darker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  10. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    My polish are some of my favorites, they are hilarious to see running around the yard and they are the best at spotting blueberrys on the bushes. [​IMG] i have 2 buff laced (they're not bantams)
    Thier eggs are not huge but they both lay one everyday, even in the winter [​IMG] they are Beatrice and Luna Lovegood (Luna crows). [​IMG] they are missing their tails because a coyote pulled them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by