Polish are nervous scarredy cats? Not mine

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Darklingstorm, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    I have a week old polish pullet (along with 5 other breeds fuzzies) and she is not shy, nervous or scared. When I put my hand in the box, she is the first to run to it and pecks at everything. Today I caught her trying to "fly" out of the brooder box but I'm prepared for that. When they get older I have a larger brooder box out in the garage with a wire top.

I just love her antics. Still don't have a name for her yet but I think she will be earning one soon. LOL

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Mine literally chase off cats. [​IMG] I hear so many stories of them being dumb, skittish, flighty, weak, blind, etc - And honestly, I have a good population of Polish from MANY sources, hatchery and even show lines, and only one of the whole lot is skittish, but still very brave and very tough. There's a reason they are my favorite breed. I have one girl in particular who absolutely loves being on my shoulder, and will literally try and scale up my back or legs to get there when I'm walking or just standing around. She's so friendly she's stubborn too.

3. neVar

neVar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Dundurn, Sask
    I lost my hen and other roo- but my roo polish is not a scardy cat- he's getting a bit more 'roo like' now and is figuring out his job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by